Candy corn seems to be one of those foods that divides families. People either love it or they hate it. Personally, I’m addicted to it. Sometimes it tastes good; other times it tastes like nail polish remover. But I will always eat it.
Still, candy corn on its own can be a bit much; I find it’s better with other things like Chex mix or Halloween crack corn that cut through the sweetness. White chocolate isn’t going to do much for that but peanuts and a little bit of dark chocolate definitely do. This bark is all around fun if you like candy corn and sweet treats.
White Chocolate Candy Corn Bark
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients(Makes about 16 pieces):
- 8oz(1 cup) white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup candy corn
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave or over a double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a non-stick surface and spread it into a layer about 3/8-inch thick.
- Evenly drop the candy corn, peanuts, and chocolate chips onto the bark and press them in gently.
- Move the chocolate to the refrigerator or freezer to harden for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the bark with a sharp knife into asymmetrical pieces. Store in the refrigerator when not eating.
If you serve this at a Halloween party you can make up fun stories like how the white chocolate is ectoplasm and the chocolate chips are ghost droppings. I don’t know what the candy corn and peanuts would be; any ideas?