I’ve tried a lot of different peanut butters, but Naturally Nutty’s Butter Toffee Peanut Butter really takes the
cake toast, with a sweet, buttery flavor combined with crunchy sugar granules. You can buy this peanut butter from their online store, or in stores if you’re lucky enough to live in Michigan. I, however, am cheap and a New Englander and so decided to make my own.
I would take the real deal brand name any day over mine, but this homemade version isn’t half bad, or a quarter bad, or bad at all. It’s great, in fact, slightly melted onto toast first thing in the morning or a square of chocolate at night.
Don’t have the time to make your own butter toffee peanuts? Buy your own and blend them up and you can have this in 5 minutes.
Butter Toffee Peanut Butter
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients(makes about 24 ounces):
- 1lb unsalted peanuts, skin-off
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line a baking tray with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter, sugar, and salt together.
- Toss the peanuts in the melted butter and sugar until fully coated and lay them out on the baking tray in an even layer.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the butter and sugar start to bubble and coagulate, but making sure not to burn any of it.
- Remove the peanuts from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Move the peanuts into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Store in sealed containers in a refrigerator for up to a month.
When cold, the consistency is solid yet still creamy and spreadable. You can let it sit out for 5 minutes to get even softer or microwave the jar for about 30 seconds to get it warm and drippy.