When you’re a food blogger, you constantly have to choose between making and blogging a holiday recipe a week in advanced and looking crazy celebrating all by yourself or making a recipe for the actual holiday and posting it a few days later late to the game. Usually I choose the latter but this time I happen to be early to the party; here’s a red, white, and blue recipe a month and a half before July 4th for you.
The Nutella cheesecake strawberries I made last month were a huge hit with my friends. I got asked to make them again but I always like trying something new. Instead of Nutella, these strawberries are filled with white chocolate cream cheese. At times I think I like white chocolate more than dark, and this is one of those times. It goes perfectly with the sweet berries.
Every time I make these stuffed strawberries, the first half come out looking sloppy and the second half look fine. You just have to get into a rhythm and figure out how to do it best. Getting the filling to the right consistency will also make it easier.
Red, White and Blue Stuffed Strawberries
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1lb fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup(6oz) white chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate.
- Beat together the melted white chocolate, milk, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until it’s fully incorporated.
- Move the cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag or Ziploc bag with a corner cut off. If the mixture is still runny, put it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Cut the strawberries twice perpendicularly almost all the way through.
- Squeeze the filling into the strawberries starting from the bottom and moving the tip up.
- Garnish with a blueberry on top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. These won’t last long even in a refrigerator so eat relatively quickly.