Thanks so much for your feedback on my last post; cover photo #2 was the clear winner. I probably would have picked #3 myself so I’m glad I asked and got different opinions.
On Sunday I wanted to make bark but couldn’t think of what recipe to make. Then I remembered one I made way back at the start of this blog that sounded delicious and decided it’d be a perfect chance to update the recipe and the photos.
It’s funny to think the last time I made this I was using a point + shoot and now I have a digital camera with 4 different lenses. It’s definitely an expensive hobby, but so much fun to get into.
Don’t have parchment paper? You can use a brown paper bag as a non-stick surface. It’s saved me from sticking chocolate many many times.
Triple Nut Bark
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 Minutes
Ingredients(Makes 15-20 servings):
- 12oz semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 3oz(3/4 cup) peanuts*
- 3oz(3/4 cup) almonds*
- 3oz(3/4 cup) cashews*
- Coarse sea salt(optional)
*Roasted nuts will be more flavorful than raw one, but either will yield a tasty result
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler.
- Spread the chocolate out in a thin layer on a non-stick surface.
- Evenly distribute the peanuts, almonds, and cashews over the chocolate and press them in lightly.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes until the bark has hardened. Remove it and break the bark into individual servings.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
The more sea salt on this, the better. It’s totally optional but a must if you love salty-sweet desserts.