I’m glad so many people have liked and tried the hot banana breakfast quinoa recipe. In 2 weeks I don’t think I can count the number of times I’ve eaten that on just my hands. It’s too easy and too tasty not to get in a rut over.
One change I have tried is this pumpkin version of the same breakfast topped with creamy almond butter and crushed raw almonds for a crunchy chew. It’s just as healthy and quick and easy to make. The only difference I noted was that it rises and falls more in the microwave than the banana version, so be careful not to fill the bowl too much.
Hot Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Ingredients(Makes one serving):
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup(optional)
- Nuts, nut butter, and dried fruit for topping
- Mix the pumpkin, quinoa, eggs, salt, spice, and sweetener if using in a small bowl.
- Pour into a ramekin or other microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes until the center is cooked through.
- Remove from the microwave. The top will fall slightly. Top with nuts, nut butter, or dried fruit.
The pumpkin breakfast quinoa is slightly denser and less sweet than the banana version without the optional maple syrup. Personally I prefer the banana but this brings a nice seasonal twist to breakfast.