I’m not sure when but at some point nuts became one of the most expensive items in the grocery store. It’s a shame. They’re one of the healthy foods that are naturally delicious, but dressing them up never hurts.
These have become my go-to afternoon snack. They’re perfect for a slight sweet craving or to throw on yogurt or even a tofu stir-fry.
I’m not sure if the egg white is completely necessary for this recipe but I love the texture of the sugar on the cashews after they’re baked. You can spice these up easily by adding in some cinnamon.
Homemade Honey Roasted Cashews
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- Preheat you oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg white, honey, sugar and salt until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Mix the cashews with the wet ingredients until they are covered.
- Lay the cashews out on a non-stick surface in a single layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the edges begin to darken slightly, taking care not to burn them.
- Remove the cashews from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Break the cashews apart and store them in an air-tight container at room temperature.