A new year brings new changes, right? I’m hoping in 2013 to share more drink recipes as I get comfortable trying to make them myself. When it comes to alcohol I’m not a big fan of gluten-free beer, cider, or wine, but I love hard liquor and mixed drinks which are just as fun to drink as they are to make.
One of the first mixed drinks I ordered was a sweet tea vodka lemonade. My roommate being from Texas always orders these and turned me on to them. They get a name for being a Summer drink given the flavors but these are delicious any time of the year.
I like to make the tea in advanced and refrigerate it for a day to get it extra cold. You can buy the lemonade or sweet tea on their own but the drink tastes noticeably fresher when you make it from scratch.
Organic Sweet Tea Vodka Lemonade
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients(Make about 4 cups or 12 servings):
4 black tea bags
3 1/2 cups water, separated
1/2-3/4 cup agave or maple syrup
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
Mint and lemon to garnish
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot.
- Remove the water from the heat and add in the tea bags. Let them steep for about 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Remove the tea bags and add in 1/2 cup of sweetener and the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Dilute the tea with 1 1/2 cups cold water. Add extra sweetener to your preferred sweetness.
- Pour about 1/3 cup sweet tea lemonade over ice. Add an ounce of vodka into each glass and stir well.
- Garnish with mint or an extra lemon slice before serving if desired.