This I know to be true: There are cake people and there are frosting people. And I most definitely am a frosting person. I’m guilty of taking a slice of cake and just eating the frosting. I’m also guilty of running my finger along the edge of the cake before it’s been cut into just to taste the frosting. But don’t worry–I haven’t done that in any recent years… that I’ll admit to.
Today’s my birthday, and on your birthday you shouldn’t have to eat anything you don’t want to. Apples. Broccoli. Even cake. You should be able to just eat your frosting and have it, too.
I’ve been wanting to make a recipe like this for a long time and never found an occasion. I suppose now is as best a chance I’ll get; don’t judge me if all of these are gone by the end of the day.
They’re easy enough to make and just need two ingredients. You can use canned frosting but homemade is so much better tasting and just as easy. If you don’t have a favorite recipe, I’d recommend mocha buttercream or vanilla buttercream.
Buttercream Shots In Chocolate Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes(Plus 20 minutes of cooling time)
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients(Makes 2 dozen):
- 7oz good quality dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup store-bought or homemade buttercream
- 24 miniature cupcake holders
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a double broiler until it’s smooth.
- With a spoon, drop a Tablespoon of chocolate into the cupcake holder and paint it around the sides. Make sure the layer of chocolate isn’t too thin or it will break.
- Put the chocolate cup on a tray and repeat until all of the chocolate is used up.
- Refrigerate the tray for 20-30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- Gently peel off the cupcake holders until just the chocolate cup remains.
- Fill the cups with a tablespoon of buttercream each. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
If you tried to tell me there’s a better kind of birthday shot, I wouldn’t believe you.