The last time I made raw brownies, I didn’t share the recipe. I wasn’t planning on it this time, either, but these came out so well I felt I’d be holding out if I didn’t share them.
These almonds from Trader Joe’s are incredibly addicting; I’m pretty sure they’re all gone by now. Anything with chocolate and salt and I can’t stop snacking. Why not make some brownies with the same mix-ins?
The almond butter in these brownies make them a little more fudgy and decadent than your typical date bars. You can use any type of nuts you have on hand.
Raw Salted Almond Brownies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients(Makes a dozen brownies):
- 16oz pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Put the dates in a food processor and blend until they stick together into a ball of dough. If the dates haven’t come together after a few minutes, add a tablespoon or so of water until they do.
- Add in the cocoa powder and almond butter and continue blending until they are mixed into the dough.
- Add in the almonds and sea salt. Pulse until the almonds are broken up into pieces.
- Turn off the food processor and move the mixture to a different bowl. Work it with your hands until all of the ingredients are well mixed together and the almonds stick in the batter.
- Turn the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and press with your hands into a square shape roughly 9×9. Cut into 12 pieces. Store in a sealed container at room temperature when not eating.
These are particularly good with some salty peanut butter spread on top as a snack or dessert. Next time I think I’ll use the chocolate covered almonds in the brownie dough assuming I don’t eat them all first again.