One of my favorite treats in the Summer when I was growing up was a Dairy Queen ice cream cone, specifically one dipped into cherry sauce that hardened up as soon as it hit the ice cream into a shell coating.
I have no idea how to make that.
But what I do know how to make is peanut butter magic shell, and that’s almost as good, especially with chocolate ice cream(or chocolate banana soft serve in this case).
Really, if you look up the ingredients in that cherry magic shell it’s about 20 things you can’t find in supermarkets and shouldn’t be putting into your body. This recipe has only 3 ingredients, all natural and easy to shop for. Let’s see Dairy Queen beat that.
Peanut Butter Magic Shell
Ingredients(For one bowl):
- 1 Tablespoon 100% peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon liquid sweetener(maple syrup, agave, corn syrup, etc.)
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil(preferably refined), melted or softened
- Mix together the peanut butter, sweetener, and oil into a thick, even sauce
- Pour the peanut butter sauce over plated ice cream. Wait a few moments for the sauce to harden before digging in.
This works best with ice cream straight from the freezer; if using softened ice cream or banana “soft serve”, the shell might not form immediately. Simply pour the sauce over the ice cream and refrigerate or freeze it for a few minutes until the shell has hardened
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more eating to do.