A lot of the time I’m asked if this is purely a dessert blog. It’s not, but I can see where the confusion comes from between brownies and bark and cookies.
Desserts are just easier to photograph. You don’t have to worry about them cooling too much. You can even wait a whole day before cutting a slice. But spend 10 minutes photographing green beans and all you’re left with are mediocre pictures and cold vegetables.
You’ll only get one mediocre picture from this blog post, but a darn good recipe. If you like vegetables—or even if you don’t—using garlic and shallots and just the right amount of salt makes these greens addictive.
Savory Garlic Green Beans
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ingredients(Makes 2-3 servings):
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1lb fresh green beans, end chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in the shallots and garlic and cook until they begin to brown.
- Add in the rest of the oil and the green beans. Sauté moving constantly so that the green beans cook on all sides.
- Season with salt and toss before removing from the pan. Serve while hot.